· Le Best of
· Messages Privés
· Photos
· Recherches
· Sondages
· Téléchargements
· Votre Compte

Qui est online?
Il y a pour le moment 153 invité(s) et 1 membre(s) en ligne.

Vous êtes un visiteur anonyme. Vous pouvez vous enregistrer gratuitement en cliquant ici.

Language
Selectionnez la langue de l'interface:

English French

Partenaires

TennisMagazine

Le Coq Sportif

RichardGasquet.net :: Voir le sujet - About Davis Cup
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

About Davis Cup
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Suivante

Ce forum est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Tennis in general
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Forever1Gasquet
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 28.09.2006, 01:16:33    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

gulzhan a écrit:
I just came from Moscow and so happy with the Russia's victory! It was so great to be there! The team is amazing-- the best Russia ever had! Tarpishev is the smartest and wisest capatin! Mitya Tursunov is the hero!!! Youzhny is the red commander!!! (Davydenko-- poor guy, was very very sick with a flue) And Marat OMG--- he is really the BEST!!!! Very Happy
I've got some pictures, will post them here. Just want to tell you all-- I always thought why is Marat so loved everywhere? Now I know the answer! Wink Because he is cool! Very Happy

Gulzhan, can't wait to hear about your adventures at The Davis Cup. By the way, welcome back Very Happy Glad to see you're safe and sound Smile Love to see what and whom you captured on your camera. Certainly looking forward once again to chatting with you. It was definitely interesting Cool

Sincerely Yours, Forever1Gasquet:0)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Visiter le site web du posteur
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 28.09.2006, 16:20:17    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Gulzhan, I can't wait to hear all about the Davis Cup and see all of your photos. I'm eagerly waiting--no pressure. Take your time!!! Very Happy

Davis Cup World Group draw (ties to be played 9-11 Feb)

Chile v Russia
France v Romania
Germany v Croatia
Belgium v Australia
Czech Republic v United States
Switzerland v Spain
Belarus v Sweden
Austria v Argentina
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Adresse AIM
gulzhan
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 28.09.2006, 17:36:26    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sweet4Richard a écrit:
Gulzhan, I can't wait to hear all about the Davis Cup and see all of your photos. I'm eagerly waiting--no pressure. Take your time!!! Very Happy

Thanks, Sinead! I guess I was not writing because I thought if I'd start, it'd be endless! Very Happy But I'll better try it now while I am still not through it! Forgive me for the length of this report Wink and for the emotions!

I've unloaded my pictures and they are Embarassed not of best quality! Very Happy Even though I tried to take picture of every player! Very Happy I guess I am a poor photographer! Sad I need to practice before the final (and before the match Russia-France which I hope will be held in Moscow on April 5-7th, 2007!!!!!) ! I have one great picture -- me and Tursunov (obviously, because my sister took it, not me! Very Happy ), so I'll post it here!

First atmosphere-- It was just great! Like a big family gathering for an event! One place, same people, one TV company with the same journalists, you feel like you know everyone, the NTV Tennis had full coverage with many interviews (Tarpishev, Kafelnikov, all the players after each match) that were taken there, right away! Everyone was so exited as it was the final already and we were about to win the DC! All the players were walking in the hall, talking to the people, giving autographs, really, they were VERY nice! You could see they were so happy to be such a great team and to play at home! They were really one for all and all for one! Very Happy And all their coaches and families were there too-- Marat's parents, Kolya's and Misha's brothers and girlfriends Very Happy

Long before the match, everyone was optimistic, mainly because we had our surface. But when the US team arrived, boy-- they looked so determined! Shocked Everybody immediately remembered that it's 2 players from Top 10 and the best double team in the world! So, the tension was huge! You could feel a big fight coming!

Marat-- he opened the match. I think it was his decision. Tarpishev gave him the choice and he decided he was ready for a victory over Roddick. He is the real leader of the team! (even thoguh his ranking was the lowest! Wink ) The other players respect and admire him! He's got great personality! I thought he was sort of show-off.... But he is not, not at all... He is very nice to the people, always jokes... I got a big yellow ball for my daughter and was getting autographs (remembered my youth! Very Happy). I had it on my seat when I saw Marat standing in the hall-- I got so upset that he'd leave and I won't get his autograph that I came to him and said-- Marat, please, could you wait while I go and get the ball? He smiled and said-- Many balls? I was-- Just one! And he waved with his hand-- OK, bring it! And smiled! Very Happy And then waited and very carefully and nicely signed it! What a guy! Shocked And girls, in close distance Wink he looks even more handsome!!! Very Happy

Those who saw the match will confirm, he played as he used to play in his best times! Andy tried very hard, he really wanted to fight, but could do nothing because it was a totally different Marat-- very calm, very patient! And even wise! Not a single emotion wasted, not a single rocket thrown away! 100% concentration from the beginning until the very last point! After the match he was so relieved, laughed and joked. I think it was extremely important for him to win and I can assure you, if Dima would have lost, Marat would have made the victory!

Misha Youzhny-- still can't believe how he could beat James! Shocked Tarpishev had a choice between Davydenko and Youzhny and later he explained-- Kolya had 0-4 head-to-head with Blake and Misha has never played against him. For James it's very important that he feels confident! Having Youzhny as No.1 was such a huge surprise for the US team! I think what was important, that Youzhny could play quick ralleys and then suddenly hit a winner! James could not keep the rythm of his game. And Youzhny is just a HUGE patriot!

Doubles-- Tursunov's first match-- he was so nervous, made so many mistakes... Misha played ok but it was hard for him to play against the Bryans! The Bryans learnt their lesson from US Open and played just amazingly! I can't imagine how can anybody beat them now!

The atmosphere changed so much after the 2nd day! Because it was on that day when Davydenko got very sick! He had a fever, real bad flu, sneezed all the time! I saw him and knew at once he won't be able to play next day! And Tarpishev looked so concerned... His brilliant plan was under the threat! We were scared!

And final day-- Tursunov-Roddick! I believe I was fortunate to watch the best match of the year! Breath-taking match! Almost 5 hrs and you could not take your eyes off the court for a second! I had my seat pretty close to the court and saw the faces of the players. At some point it was scarry! Shocked Roddick who during the first match played by himself without ever looking at his team and his crowd, was looking at them after literally each point! As trying to get some additional strength! When the score was like 9-8 or something, they both started talking to themselves! Shocked By 14-13 they both could barely wlk! Tried to win by one shot only! What helped Dima is that he lead in score. All he needed was to hold his serve! It was difficult-- often Andy had bp or lead love 30, but then, I don't know how!!!! Shocked, but Tursunov would serve huge and save the game! And then it would be Andy's hell-- no right for a mistake! I knew that sooner or later Andy will crack down, so knew Tursunov... He was standing there as for his life. No, more than for his life! You could do that only for something much bigger than your own interest!

When Andy finally lost-- I could not even look at him as he was passing by! I don't think he remembers as he kicked the wall!!! That looked frightening! He later said that he let his team and country down. He did not! He was amazing! But... Tursunov also did not want to give up....

And finally the kiss Very Happy ! I saw it, both alive and later on tape... Believe me, there were no kiss (amazing job of the photographer though, take my hat off!)! It was a split second when Andreev hugged Tursunov and sort of missed his cheeck because Dima tried to get rid of the huggins with the team and approach the net to have a hand-shake with Andy! Roddick was standing there and waiting and only Dima knew how he felt! Crying or Very sad
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Forever1Gasquet
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 28.09.2006, 18:32:24    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Gulzhan, thank you so kindly for sharing all your wonderful experiences with all of us amongst this forum on your beautiful Davis Cup experiences. Very Happy Very Happy Wish I would have been in on the awesome action taking place at The Davis Cup Sad Maybe at another point in time.

Sincerely Yours, Forever1Gasquet:0)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Visiter le site web du posteur
Daniela

MessagePosté le: 29.09.2006, 01:30:04    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thanks a lot for the huge report Gulzhan! I really enjoyed reading it!!!

what do you think about next year draw? from round 2, I guess it's going to be tough for every team to play and very exciting for us to watch.
All teams improved a lot and it's going to be really hard for everyone.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gulzhan
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 29.09.2006, 05:46:35    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Daniela a écrit:
Thanks a lot for the huge report Gulzhan! I really enjoyed reading it!!!

what do you think about next year draw? from round 2.. .

Thanks, Dani! I tried to make it short, so cut myself off few times!!! Very Happy

With the draw--- Switzerland-Spain in 1 st round!!!! LOL!!!! The worst nightmare for both Roger and Rafa, I think! Won't they be tired with each other next year?! Wink But for us it's one more super-match! Very Happy

The best news is possible Russia-France in Moscow!!!!! I pray that we beat Chiele (not an easy draw for No. 1 seed! Shocked ) because Gonzo is WOW and one of the worst opponents for Marat! But if we beat Chiele (and I am sure France will beat Romania) then.... Richard will come to Moscow!!!!! Very Happy I guess, it'll be one more trip to Moscow for me! Very Happy
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 30.09.2006, 02:27:44    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

You report was simply fantastic, Gulzhan. Very Happy I loved reading every single minute of it. You seemed to have a great time. I can not wait for your photos. I'm sure they're amazing and take your time, no rush!

Loved the Marat story. I got his autograph at the US Open this year and you are so right. He is absolutely gorgeous in person. TV doesn't do him justice Laughing Andy kicked the wall? Oh wow. I saw the interview when he said he let his team and country down. I was so proud though of the way Andy fought to even level the match at two sets.

You're going to have an amazing time at the finals. I hope Russia wins so badly!!! Cool

Thanks so much!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Adresse AIM
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 07.11.2006, 17:31:10    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Federer Sidesteps Nadal Meeting

Roger Federer has ruled out playing in Switzerland's Davis Cup first-round tie against Spain in February. The world number one's decision ends hopes of a meeting with his closest rival Rafael Nadal.

"He wants to concentrate on retaining his number one status and on defending his titles at important tournaments," said Swiss spokesman Daniel Monnin.

World number two Nadal is yet to reveal whether he will be in Switzerland when the tie begins on 9 February.

Federer has not played in the first round of the Davis Cup for two seasons, but did return to the side to help his country to avoid relegation from the World Group on both occasions.

*BBC Sport: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/6125036.stm

Shame, I would have loved to see that first round matchup. Confused
Daniela

MessagePosté le: 09.11.2006, 02:31:36    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sweet4Richard a écrit:

Shame, I would have loved to see that first round matchup. Confused

me too Confused it was important for tennis history, for the players and for Switzerland!
it's really bad, I think Davis Cup is really important, you do everything for a team, for your country, I'd prefer DC over other things (just my opinion)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daniela

MessagePosté le: 28.11.2006, 06:10:10    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

World Group 2006 - Final
Russia - Argentina
Olympic Stadium, Moscow, Russia
Stadium Capacity: 10,900
01 December - 03 December 2006
Day 1: 13:00 (10:00 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 14:00 (11:00 hrs GMT)
Day 3: 13:00 (10:00 hrs GMT)
Surface: Carpet (RuKortPro) - Indoors
Ball Type: Head ATP

TEAMS:

Russia:
Nikolay DAVYDENKO
Dmitry TURSUNOV
Mikhail YOUZHNY
Marat SAFIN
Team Captain: Shamil TARPISCHEV

Argentina:
David NALBANDIAN
Jose ACASUSO
Agustin CALLERI
Juan Ignacio CHELA
Team Captain: Alberto MANCINI

TIE PREVIEW:

This will be the third occasion that the Olympic Stadium has staged the Davis Cup Final, following back-to-back finals in 1994 and 1995. Russia suffered defeat in both of those finals, before capturing its first Davis Cup title with a 3-2 victory over France in Paris in 2002. Since returning to the World Group in 2002, Argentina has always reached at least the quarterfinals and is seeking its first precious Davis Cup title, having lost to the USA in its only previous final appearance 25 years ago.

Russia and Argentina have faced each other on three previous occasions in Davis Cup, with the Russians holding a 2-1 advantage. They have met only once in Russia, with Marat Safin leading the hosts to a 3-2 victory at the Sports Palace Luzhniki in Moscow in 2002. The tie will be best remembered for its dramatic doubles rubber, in which Lucas Arnold and David Nalbandian defeated Yevgeny Kafelnikov and Marat Safin 64 64 57 36 1917 after 6 hours 22 minutes, the longest recorded doubles match in history.

*info taken from DC website: www.daviscup.com

it's hard but: VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!♥ ♥ ♥
Puschkin

MessagePosté le: 30.11.2006, 15:06:45    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Daniela a écrit:

it's hard but: VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!♥ ♥ ♥

Sorry Daniela, but I am on the other side of this one, Wink even if I won't get to see it.
Rafasgrl
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 30.11.2006, 17:57:05    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Finally some tennis action!!

that is if i find the channel to watch it.... Sad Rolling Eyes
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 01.12.2006, 22:08:46    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Friday, December 1, 2006
N Davydenko (RUS) d J. Chela (ARG) 61 62 57 64
D Nalbandian (ARG) d M Safin (RUS) 64 64 64

Saturday, December 2, 2006
D Tursunov/M Youzhny (RUS) vs A Calleri/D Nalbandian (ARG)

Sunday, December 3, 2006
N Davydenko (RUS) vs D Nalbandian (ARG)
M Safin (RUS) vs J Chela (ARG)

I'm rooting for Russia. I didn't see the match so I really can't comment on them. Marat Crying or Very sad
Daniela

MessagePosté le: 02.12.2006, 18:18:31    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I've seen all the matches so far...
Juan Sad
I don't think he played a bad match but he just wasn't at the same level as Davydenko.
David Smile
he played an awesome match and Marat didn't play good at all, he just wasn't Marat on court...

The Russian doubles team was very superior to the Argentinian one and they won easily, now the tie is very hard for Argentina, it's very difficult to win the 2 singles tomorrow.
sorry about the short reports, i'm at work
Daniela

MessagePosté le: 04.12.2006, 19:46:01    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Crying or Very sad

there was a moment during sunday morning that I actually thought Argentina could win.
Chucho did a good job, it was heartbreaking when he started crying after the match.
I'm really sad but Argentina did a great job during the whole DC year and the moment will come.
also congratulations to the Russian team! Good job! =)
Ce forum est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Tennis in general Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Suivante
Page 16 sur 17

Sauter vers: