· Le Best of
· Messages Privés
· Photos
· Recherches
· Sondages
· Téléchargements
· Votre Compte

Qui est online?
Il y a pour le moment 192 invité(s) et 0 membre(s) en ligne.

Vous êtes un visiteur anonyme. Vous pouvez vous enregistrer gratuitement en cliquant ici.

Language
Selectionnez la langue de l'interface:

English French

Partenaires

TennisMagazine

Le Coq Sportif

RichardGasquet.net :: Voir le sujet - Summer Season 2011
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Summer Season 2011
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Richard Gasquet
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
ImmzB
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 27.07.2011, 18:04:49    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

It looks like Richard will go up a seed in Montreal due to Ferrer's injury.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
blazer
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 27.07.2011, 18:42:27    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I swear Richard's the only player in the top 20-30 who isnt playing if there fit. Its so frustrating seeing less deserving players overtaking him becasue theyve played 2-3 tournaments to Richard's 0.
Puschkin

MessagePosté le: 27.07.2011, 19:59:06    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

blazer a écrit:
Looking at the top 4 seeds in washington they are all richard's rivals who could all be higher than him in the rankings before rogers.

This is impossible, the draw for Montreal will be done on Friday while Washington is still ongoing.

BTW: Richard entered the doubles in Montreal with Gilles.
blazer
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 27.07.2011, 20:45:13    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

nice, oh ok so he will be seeded in the top 16? Doubles with gilles? Doesnt strike me as a good doubles player. A average serve with a average volley. Tsonga would be better. Have yiou seen the videos i posted of a young richard?
Puschkin

MessagePosté le: 28.07.2011, 06:51:31    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

blazer a écrit:
Doubles with gilles? Doesnt strike me as a good doubles player. A average serve with a average volley.
But Gilles is a great tactician, a smart guy and a fighter. By far not the worst talents to team up with.

blazer a écrit:
Have yiou seen the videos i posted of a young richard?
Yep, but I have known them before. Some of the movements and gestures has not changed at all, incredible.

He was so precocious, but there are many talented kids around in the world, making it to the Top of the sport is still not a guarantee and he did it.

And as we spend our time, looking at old videos, this is the absolute pinnacle of all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUQxb4ZtR-4&feature=related
civ3
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 28.07.2011, 09:28:06    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The second Gasquet believes 100% in himself will be the day he will win a grand slam and be world number 1
EdbergEdberggogogo
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 29.07.2011, 01:30:41    Sujet du message: skipping Hamburg Répondre en citant

Since he had 150 points to defend in Gstaad, I thought Richard should have played Hamburg and gamble he could do better there. Simon won the event, so Richard could have possibly won it.

The playing conditions are so extreme in the US in summer. Playing Hamburg would have allowed Richard to just play Montreal and Cincinnati, possibly skipping Washington if he had done well in Hamburg.

Playing too much in extreme heat could do Richard much more harm than good regarding preparation for the US Open. Temperatures will be down a lot by the start of the Open, anyway.

Playing hardcourt tennis in 95 degree heat isn't good for one's career. It could do lasting damage. I'd try to avoid it if I could.
blazer
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 29.07.2011, 13:17:57    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

But he is missing washington so he isnt going to be playing much US open series tennis. He should be playing Hamburg from a fans perspective because he could be ranked inside the top 10 now guaranteeing better draws in Cincy and Rogers and the US open. But if he feels he needs a break to mentally and physically prepare though i'm dissapointed and frustrated i accept it because it will probably do him wonders in the long run. Cool
kohu
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 29.07.2011, 16:27:20    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

It did KILL me to see Simon and Almagro in the final of Hamburg but rankings do change quickly and often a "good" draw ends up being a "bad" draw so things might work out in the end. We (and that includes me) can analyze and criticize all year but Richard and his team probably know a lot more about what is best for Richard so guess no point in being "armchair quarterbacks" as we say in the U.S. after our favorite football team does something stupid.

AS for playing in hte heat. I'm not a doctor or trainer but I've lived and played tennis in a very hot and humid part of the U.S. for YEARS and seen kids and professionals play hard for hours a day in the heat all summer with never any ill effects. As long as one stays well hydrated and cools down between work outs I really doubt playing 5 -6 weeks in the heat is going to damage a career. In fact the only people I've seen have any adverse effects from playing in the heat were those who were not used to it. So I'm not going to complain about his choice of tournaments BUT I will suggest it would be a VERY GOOD idea to spend at least 7-10 days training in the U.S. oven before playing Montreal which means he should be somewhere in the US sauna now (and not on the West Coast cuz it not that hot there). Wonder what he is doing?
civ3
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 30.07.2011, 00:32:30    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

With a bit of luck :S I think that it is JUST possible that Gasquet Keeps his 13 ranking. Stan is out of Gstaad. Alamagro gets 0 points. Lets hope Youzhny loses to him. Washington, there are no real threats, maybe Troicki or Melzer, but it is just possible that he can stay 13, go up to 12 with Ferrer's withdrawal.

Never doubt in the staff of Reeeesssshaard Gaaasqueet! Very Happy
ImmzB
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 30.07.2011, 03:20:26    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

It looks like in the Masters aswell the Top 1-4 seeds play the 13-16 seeds in R3 so hopefully Granollers beats Youzhny tomorrow therefore Richard will keep his number 13 ranking and then go up 1 seed in Montreal due to Ferrer's withdrawal.
ImmzB
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 30.07.2011, 15:45:19    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

So with Granollers beating Youzhny beating today, Richard will be the 12 seed in Montreal. No 1-4 seed before the QF (But he has to get there first lol) Smile
blazer
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 30.07.2011, 18:24:04    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I dont think he can be seeded 12 youznhy will just overtake him and almagro will be higher by 5 points. Unless others retire. Sad Unlucky.
chrisfan
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 30.07.2011, 18:34:27    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

As Ferrer will not play in Montreal (or Toronto ?) this year, Gasquet, n°13 ATP, will be seed n°12 (almost sure of that)
ImmzB
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 30.07.2011, 18:52:47    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

blazer a écrit:
I dont think he can be seeded 12 youznhy will just overtake him and almagro will be higher by 5 points. Unless others retire. Sad Unlucky.

If Richard plays Montreal, he will defiantly be the 12th seed because Ferrer is not playing. If Youzhny wanted to overtake Richard he had to win today and he didn't so Richard is still ranked a place higher than him.

Dernière édition par ImmzB le 30.07.2011, 19:29:20; édité 2 fois
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Richard Gasquet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Suivante
Page 8 sur 14

Sauter vers: